The hospitality industry is an integral and indispensable part of the worldwide market. People are fascinated by the information and stories behind some of the hotels and their rooms. We present here a few astonishing facts about the hospitality industry.
- Tallest hotels in a city
6 out of the top 10 tallest hotels in the world exists in one city. Yes, you guessed that right. Dubai has over half of the top 10 tallest hotels in the world.
- Total number of hotel rooms in the world
Total number of rooms worldwide is expected to be around 15.5 million as per the Intercontinental hotel’s group report. The number has soared as on date. According to STR Global, the number of hotels rooms is over 18.5 million as on date and is expected to breach the 20 million mark soon.
- The city with the Highest Average Room Rate
Many would believe that New York City; the city so nice, they named it twice, would take the trophy for this one. However, the city that has the highest average rate is in Geneva, Switzerland. A room can cost almost $308 on average per night.
Phew! Yerevan was out of calculation I see. :D
- US Hotel Industry Revenue
The hotel industry in the US is bringing in a healthy revenue of over $162 billion in 2016. This is expected to rise even further in 2018 and beyond. Apparently, Americans are spending huge amounts of money on hotel and motel rooms on an annual basis. The story is pretty similar across the globe with the revenues of the hotel industry improving every year.
- The Oldest Hotel in the world
Koshu Nishiyama Onsen Keiunkan in Japan is named as the oldest hotel in the world. Another amazing hospitality fact is that it is recorded in the Guinness Book of world records. The hotel is over 1300 years old. The ownership is held by the same family for over 50 generations.
- The World’s Largest Hotel
Malaysia takes the cake for hosting the largest hotel in the world. First world hotel Malaysia is said to have around 7,351 rooms. The rooms are priced between $12 to $83 on average.
As an update to this hospitality industry fact, the largest hotel tag would soon be taken away from this Malaysian hotel. Abraj Kudai Hotel in Saudi Arabia would be opening in 2018 that would have around 10,000 rooms and over 70 restaurants.
Share this entry
HOTELIER LLC – Commercial Property Management
- Richard Raab Named General Manager for the Four Seasons Hotel Lion Palace St. Petersburg March 1, 2021During his tenure at Four Seasons, Richard has held executive positions in leading hotels in the world, including the legendary Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel, Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane, Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea and Four Seasons Hotel Bahrain Bay.
- HVS Report - Las Vegas Casino & Hotel Market Outlook 2021 - By Shannon S. Okada March 1, 2021The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Las Vegas economy has been extremely harsh given the markets reliance on visitation and conventions. Following five consecutive years of accommodating more than 42 million visitors, Las Vegas hosted just over 19 million people in 2020 (the lowest number of visitors since 18.1 million in 1989). Continued […]
Our support Hotline is available 24 Hours a day: +374 93223400
- Monday-Friday: 9am to 7pm
- Saturday: 10am to 6pm
- Sunday: Closed